In 1839, the Franklinville Library Society was established with the sum of $100.00. In 1898, a Magazine and Library Club was organized by Mrs. Isadore McVey to obtain good books and magazines and was set up in Morgan Hall, on Park Square, and a bookmobile serviced Cadiz and Fitch. Through the efforts of NYS Senator George Spring, then President of the Library Board, Col. Henry Blount was contacted for his support. He eventually donated $5000.00 to help with building the original facility on the present site. Application was made to the Carnegie Corporation, and they agreed to give the sum of $2200.00 if the Town would maintain the Library yearly.
The Library was supported through the Town and Village of Franklinville and the Franklinville Central School, together with donations from various organizations and patrons, until 2007 when the Library became a separate line of the school tax assessments.
Kathryn Hawley, who was Librarian from 1927 to 1974, left a large gift of approximately $225,000.00, which was the basis of a building fund, and together with the donation of a lot from the Town of Franklinville and a mortgage, we built a 2600 square foot addition on the back of the original building,